Did you receive today's BCPWN Tips Email? Re-sharing here on the blog for future reference...Tips on Finding Career Inspiration This Summer: share your thoughts in the comments below!
- Find a Good Beach Read. Pick up the biography of someone you feel in awe of or someone who has done something that gives you even an inkling of "could I do that?"
- Network, Network, Network. “Often people will mistakenly wait for inspiration to reach out and tap them on the shoulder when in fact inspiration requires action … by you,” writes Nicole Williams in “Tips for Finding, Reigniting and Building Inspiration.” We happen to agree with this tip wholeheartedly, and highly recommend attending an upcoming BCPWN event!
- Journal. Start by jotting down your thoughts once a week and see what comes to the surface. By clearing your mind and getting things on paper, you’ll invite in focus, creativity, and inner peace.
- Learn Something New. Enroll in a cooking class. Try your hand at pottery or jewelry making. Learn html. Join a running club. Stretch your limits and expand your horizons to awaken those brain synapses.
- Meditate. Find at least 5-10 minutes once a week to clear your mind, sit, and breathe. Try the Mindfulness guided mediation app, available for smartphones. Pop in your earbuds on the commute home or sit in the Starbucks parking lot and enjoy the quiet.
Source: “Tips for Finding, Reigniting and Building Inspiration” – August 29, 2013
US News and World Report.com: Money/Careers Blog